Monday, November 7, 2011

Cravings

I have a confession to make.

I have not eaten a single piece of Halloween candy this year.

I shit you not. Four bags were purchased (snickers, kit kat, reese's pb cups, and twix, for those of you with inquiring minds). About 8 pieces remain. And we only had about 10-15 trick or treaters TOTAL.

You know what that means? Dr Boy is enjoying himself :)

Honestly though, on Halloween, I decided that I was going to go on a sugar-fast. My friend Jamima (whose beautiful daughters provide LOTS of child-therapy) went sugar-free for 30 days through Sept/Oct. Bravely enough, she tackled this strait through a 3-yr old birthday party and everything. Successfully. Of course, the girl's a PROFESSIONAL TRIATHLETE, so she can pretty much do anything, but tackling a hard-core craving is tough no matter who you are.

I had intended on doing this through October, and having Halloween be my break-the-fast. But vacation came. And another BFN. So no, I ate my way through that month happily.

But now, just about two and a half weeks away from starting IVF stims, I'm going for the gold. And I started last Monday. The worst sugar day of the year.

Today is will complete day 8. I've had fake sugar twice- a sugar-free vanilla latte, and a teaspoon of stevia on my grapefruit. I'm ok with that.

My goal? No sugar 'til I start stims.

Oy. Vey.

6 comments:

  1. I've been no grains for the past 4 weeks. It's been surprisingly easy. I've had the equivalent of half a slice of bread here and there (but probably less than 1 slice a week's worth), and I've lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks. It's seriously the easiest, most successful diet I've ever done. Planning on staying on it indefinitely and seeing where it takes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I admire you :) That's a great goal... but sooooo hard. Well done for stick at it over Halloween xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been doing a (really) low carb diet for the last 3 months. I took a break last time from stims until I got my period, and ever since them I'm a little more prone to cheating which is probably why I'm not losing like I was before. This time I planned on being really strict about everything until stims, until we booked our cruise. LOL! No way I'm restricting anything on the boat! Well, I'll stay away from bread and sugary things that aren't mixed with alcohol still, but bring on the booze!

    Aren't you starting stims in like 2 weeks? You can totally do no sugar until then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, good goal. I kinda want to give that a go. I wonder how that will work with the holidays coming up... Giving it some thought...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're much better than I am!! I so totally crave processed sugar. I inherited it from my mom, she told me so. *grin* Though, I wonder if I could possibly go on a sugar-strike until I start stims also..I have my first IVF #3 apt tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so proud of you Jamie! You can do it for sure. You will feel so great when all is said and done. Keep up the good work and thanks for the shout out. :) Layla needs some Jamie love soon.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to tell me how ridiculous I am...