Thursday, August 4, 2011

A List.

Because I've been ill since Saturday, and every time I cough I feel like I have "Shaken-JM-Syndrome", this is the best I can come up with right now. Miss you guys. I'll be back to commenting when I can keep my eyes open for prolonged periods of time.

1. I said eff you to my crampy uterus and started the provera last Wednesday. One more down tomorrow. If it's anything like last cycle, that should give me AF on Sunday, and starting the menopur mid-week.

2. I've had the sore throat from hell combined with 3-pack-a-day smoker's cough since Saturday. Two dr's appt later and all I have to show for it is three less sick days in the bank, some Mucinex D, and Robitussin with codeine... Oh wait... that's not so bad...

3. Spent four of those sick days in LA visiting my family. Had to cancel plans with friends. Spent most of the time in bed. My mom got to take care of me and make me soup. Funny quote "I love that you're sick because it means you need me again". Oh momma-sita, I will always need you! Now can I do it without coughing up bloody phlegm?

4. I am irrationally terrified that the summer flu from hell will prevent me from going forward with this cycle. Please tell me I am an irrational worry-wort.

5. I got back to Nrn CA yesterday to a well-cared-for garden (thanks, Dr Boy!) and loads of ripening tomatoes. Finally!

6. I've lost two pounds in a week. The flu is good for something.

ETA: Do you guys think I should ask for a day 3 FSH and estradoil test? Is never ovulating on my own and not responding to the clomid once (but probably all three times) enough of a concern to have this done?

5 comments:

  1. Ovulation is "sort of insane" (quote from my hubs when the nurse, doc and I all gave him the run down of the science behind it)

    So I think you should call the doc, ask for the day 3 blood work and ask him/her to explain why NOT.

    Personally, if the doc expects me to prompt tests, I start looking around for another doc though. If s/he can't give you a good reason that you trust as to why NOT to do the bloodwork...maybe it's time to shop around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are sick, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you done the "Clomid Challenge Test"...where you have blood work done for estrogen and FSH on Day 3 and Day 10? Sometimes they will also do other tests on day 10, like AMH. These tests all show them your ovarian reserve, egg quality?, and generally if you eggs match your age. I agree if you dr is not being proactive, it might be time to shop for a new doc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you start feeling better soon even though you'll be without Mamma now.

    I'd go ahead and ask for the blood work. I'm a bit surprised they went ahead with clomid without having done those tests.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to tell me how ridiculous I am...