Sunday, June 5, 2011

Five Years

So I'm two days late in posting this, but that's the way I usually am with the important things in life. Friday was the 5 year anniversary of the day I said "I do" to Dr Boy. We have been married for 5 years and 2 days. In the fall, we'll have been in eachother's lives for 12 years. Holy crap.

Five years ago, in 100+ degree sunshine, we walked down the aisle.


 We signed our marriage contract, said our vows.

We were lucky enough to celebrate with most of our closest family members and friends, and to be honest, had an absolute blast. (We ignored the events of the night before, and the night before that. One of these days I'll tell you about the aftermath of the bachelor and bachelorette parties. Good grief.) I've never felt more beautiful in my life. I distinctly remember looking in the mirror before my father took me down the aisle, crying, and saying to him "I'll never be this beautiful EVER AGAIN." Insert rolled eyes and head-shaking at me here.
  

There are a few things I would have done differently with regards to the wedding itself, but the marriage? Agreeing to spend my life with the one man I've ever dated? Best decision ever.


And now back to the present.

We're on day 5 of the TWW. Had a glass of wine or two in the first few days, but had my last at our anniversary dinner Friday night. I feel a wee bit guilty, but hey, there wouldn't have been implantation yet anywho, right? We all caffeine and alcohol free now for the duration. I don't know what it is, but I'm feeling a bit of hope again with this round. I don't know if it's the whole first cycle post-HSG thing, or if it's because I felt ovulation pains for the first time, or the glow of the anniversary. Whatever it is, I'm hopeful. And probably just setting myself up for a bigger let-down.


But for now, I'll take hopeful. While it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to tell me how ridiculous I am...