Saturday, June 9, 2012

Getting Better-ish (Stim day 6)

Indeed, Menopur. Indeed.
That's one of the caps you, well, flip off the menopur bottles before mixing the powder and saline. My mature hormone-addled brain could NOT. STOP. LAUGHING. when I saw his written on it. I blame it on the, well, menopur :)

We had our stim day 6 visit today, and had way better results at the ultrasound. We're moving along, with nice clusters of follies on both ovaries. Each measured around 9-10mm, with around 17 on righty and 15+ on lefty. Dr S is kind and didn't poke around too much to get to my annoyingly high and painful to wand left ovary, especially this early when a general idea is good enough.
I forgot socks this morning... ooops!
We had a case of the dreaded "bare-feet-in-stirrups." Ick.
The e2 results that came back later in the afternoon were still a bit disappointing, though. We're only up to 311 today. Which, as you recall, is still 1/3 of what it was two stim days EARLIER in the cycle last time. I'm getting worried that we're growing lots of empty follies, that my true PCOSey nature is coming out. I am not super thrilled by this, but I guess we'll just keep chugging along and count on it all turning out ok.

Based on all of that, we're going to still hold the dose of 150u Follistim in the am, and 2 vials of Menopur in the pm. We were also incredibly lucky enough to have the lovely hyper-stimmed EndoJourney give us some of her leftover follistim and menopur, as another retrieval will NOT be in the cards for her after a case of extremely severe OHSS. I had a couple of other incredible women offer as well, and am continually amazed by the support and generosity of this community. Dr Boy and I are truly so, so lucky to be a part of it. I know we all say it, but we truly couldn't get through it all without all of you.

Oh, and we're starting the Galirelix tomorrow, too. Dr S said he's actually seen someone prematurely ovulate with follies as low as 12mm, so yeah. Do NOT want that to be us.

It looks like retrieval will be pushed back to Saturday or Sunday, but we'll see how it goes next week. Whatever we have to do.

Next check is on Monday. Good. Times.
PDLAMBLATI from Thursday's appt...
When Pigs Fly!

5 comments:

  1. Glad things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the e2. It will all of a sudden go woooooooooosh! PCOS, it's a wonder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All sounds good! Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear things are going better and I hope today went even better for you! I actually laughed out loud at the 'Flip Off' comment - I had no idea that's what the tops said. I never bothered to read one, but I had one laying around on my coffee table (such a wonderful accessory) and sure enough it told me to flip off. I almost want to make a necklace of them. :)

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to tell me how ridiculous I am...