Friday, July 20, 2012

Quick updates (6w6d)

We still have a heartbeat!! Our ultrasound yesterday went perfectly.

- The mini-Meier measured 6w4d (7.4mm, or the size of a pea), rather than the 6w5d it should have been, but totally within acceptable margins right now. No worries whatsoever.

- We didn't measure the heart rate or anything, so I am blissfully unaware on that front. We did see it's flickering though which is AMAZING. I'm hoping it's more clear on the video this time.

- Dr S gave us a 5% or less chance of miscarriage at this point, based on structure, size, and presence of a HB. 1 in 20 is still huge, but I am breathing a little more easily now.

- Our next ultrasound is scheduled for two weeks from today, Aug 3rd at 8w6d. It'll be graduation day! Very bittersweet, though I'm not getting worked up about it yet because fourteen days is a LOT of days to get through.

- I made our OB appointment. HFS. Three weeks from today (bonus is it'll only be one week after the graduation u/s). It'll be the day before we leave for a week of vacation, so we'll be able to leave with a (small) sense of security. If we make it that far, that is. FX.

- Good luck socks, as always!
My Goddess of Heartbeats

Sorry for the delay in updating!

Hey, also! I had an awesome opportunity to write a guest post yesterday for Bloggers For Hope! It was started by a group of women going through different infertility issues, and gives a great varied perspective on treatments and alternative options such as adoption and living child-free. I highly suggest checking them out.

I got to write a post on my favorite topic- the unglamorous side of IVF treatments :)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(pardon my next post- it'll be the review for my freebie bodywash)

9 comments:

  1. This makes my day! I remember just how amazing those first ultrasounds were- I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! You had me worried there for, oh about 20 hours :p So glad everything still looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news!!! Grow mini-Meier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I was wondering ALL day yesterday but didn't want to bug you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaay! Awesome news. Don't worry my little peanut has always measured one day behind from our very first ultrasound and my doc said its totally normal. So happy its all progressing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're still knocked up and that things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooooohoooooo!! So happy to hear it! Due date? Im thinking early March? Super nice your ob appt will be right after your last RE appt. :-) The ob is weird the first time, you become a totally normal pregnant person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a happy graduation day!

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to tell me how ridiculous I am...