Sunday, April 3, 2011

Moving is a cold, hard, beeatch

I knew that it probably wouldn't be good having, for all intents and purposes, an unlimited food budget for 40 days. Combine that with a poorly equipped kitchen, and a new busy schedule complete with 6am start time for work, and you have a recipe for diet disaster. I had high hopes of continuing to lose weight while on per diem, but alas, those high hopes will have to go back on the top shelf from whence they came. I'm up about 3 pounds from the last time I weighed myself before the move, about 6 weeks ago. I'm up 6 pounds from my lowest weigh-in. I knew things weren't going to be good when I put on my favorite pair of jeans last Wednesday, and they were tight. They weren't the most comfy pair to wear to work, but I was bound and determined. I had hoped that maybe the dryer at the temporary apartment was shrinking them, but now that the evidence is in, there's no excuse.

So here we are. Things are gonna change, for real this time. I'm starting to run. Intervals for now, but eventually I'll be less crappy at it. I'm starting to swim. Gotta get the full use out of my pool membership! So I'll see you all in a week, McFatty's. One week. Less pounds. More exercise. Less food. More healthiness.

So there.


Today I weigh: 181.6 lbs
Today my BMI is: 27.2
Weight loss/gained this week: didn't weigh last week
Goal: 165 lbs (wedding weight!!!!)
Goal BMI: 25.5
By When? April 24th (which is clearly, not going to happen)

3 comments:

  1. I vote more pool less softball spectating! ;-) Sorry, S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why you would want to take anything off that gorgeous, knockout, eye-popping frame of yours is beyond this man. But to each his own. I think you're perfect the way you are. But that's just me. As for starting a garden? I'd rent a tiller (small one) from Home Depot -- till up a plot of that duplex backyard, add bags of compost and steer manure compost from Home Depot and plant. You'll have a nice little garden in no time -- with nothing more to move once you move onto a permanent home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be too hard on yourself. Being healthy is a life long learning and takes practice. Some days are better than others.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to tell me how ridiculous I am...