Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Things I am thankful for

1. Being done with work for today.
It was a really long, busy work day, one that I was not excited to walk into this morning. I got thrown onto a busier forecasting desk than I'm really used to, plus we had to issue a bunch of wind and frost/freeze products. A bit on the overwhelming side, but you know what? I think I came out ok. Maybe better than ok? And certainly better for it.

2. Having family that WANTS to come visit for the holidays.
Sure, it's been a long 3 or 4 days cleaning, organizing, shopping, and oh wait... Making sure the guest bathroom stops leaking poop water into our kitchen. Yeah, discovered that one on Monday evening. EXACTLY what you want to deal with less than two days before family comes to stay with you. I'm exhausted, Doctor Boy's exhausted, and yes, we complain about the onslaught of Meier Madness. But when it really comes down to it, we are both so very thankful that his brother, new wife, and parents WANT to drive down and visit us for the long weekend. And I AM looking forward to seeing them... and Harry Potter.

3. Having a clean house.
Doesn't happen a lot, so I love it right now. LOVE. IT.

There's so much more, but the Meier's just pulled up... Happy Thanksgiving, yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to tell me how ridiculous I am...